What is Adrenal Fatigue and Adrenal Stress.
- Stressed out, being over worked.
- Not eating the right food can cause adrenal fatigue.
- Over training in gym doing to much cardiovascular training.
- Not enough rest after work or during your workout.
- Living in a big city and doing shift work.
- Staying up late at night.
- Under training in gym.
We all are stressed more then ever before this may be why you have pain can’t lose weight. The adrenals can cause a number for your health problems. Can also lead to weight loss.
Your two adrenal glands are small, triangular-shaped endocrine glands located on the top of each kidney. Each adrenal gland is approximately 3 inches wide, and a half inch high. Each gland is divided into an outer cortex and an inner medulla. The cortex and medulla of the adrenal gland secrete different hormones. The adrenal cortex is essential to life, but the medulla may be removed with no life-threatening effects.
Hormones of the Adrenal Cortex
The adrenal cortex consists of three different regions, with each region producing a different group or type of hormones. Chemically, all the cortical hormones are considered steroids.
Mineralocorticoids are secreted by the outermost region of the adrenal cortex. The principal mineralocorticoid is aldosterone, which acts to conserve sodium ions and water in the body.
Glucocorticoids are secreted by the middle region of the adrenal cortex. The principal glucocorticoid is cortisol, which increases blood glucose levels.
The third group of steroids secreted by the adrenal cortex is the gonadocorticoids, or sex hormones. These are secreted by the innermost region. Male hormones, androgens, and female hormones, estrogens, are secreted in minimal amounts in both sexes by the adrenal cortex, but their effect is usually masked by the hormones from the testes and ovaries. In females, the masculinization effect of androgen secretion may become evident after menopause, when estrogen levels from the ovaries decrease.
Hormones of the Adrenal Medulla
The adrenal medulla develops from neural tissue and secretes two hormones, epinephrine and norepinephrine. These two hormones are secreted in response to stimulation by sympathetic nervous system, particularly during stressful situations. A lack of hormones from the adrenal medulla produces no significant effects. Hypersecretion, usually from a tumor, causes prolonged or continual sympathetic responses.
to stimulation by sympathetic nervous system, particularly during stressful situations. A lack of hormones from the adrenal medulla produces no significant effects. Hypersecretion, usually from a tumor, causes prolonged or continual sympathetic responses.
If you think you have it here is a great book
Do You Have Adrenal Fatigue?
When the adrenal glands are not functioning optimally, you can have a condition that is known as adrenal fatigue, or adrenal exhaustion. Adrenal fatigue often develops after periods of intense or lengthy physical or emotional stress, when overstimulation of the glands leave them unable to meet your body’s needs.
Some other names for the syndrome include non-Addison’s hypoadrenia, sub-clinical hypoadrenia, hypoadrenalism, and neurasthenia.
It now in the news. about adrenal fatigue. Conventional doctors are starting to recognize it in the media
- Non-refreshing sleep (you get sufficient hours of sleep, but wake fatigued)
- Overwhelmed by or unable to cope with stressors.
- Feeling rundown or overwhelmed.
- Craving salty and sweet foods.
- You feel most energetic in the evening.
- A feeling of not being restored after a full night’s sleep or having sleep disturbances.
- Low stamina, slow to recover from exercise.
- Slow to recover from injury, illness or stress.
- Difficulty concentrating, brain fog.
- Poor digestion.
- Low immune function.
- Food or environmental allergies.
- Premenstrual syndrome or difficulties that develop during menopause.
- Consistent low blood pressure.
- Extreme sensitivity to cold.
- Lower back pain.
When working with a C.H.E.K. Holistic Lifestyle Coach. you will get a deep assessment of your Adrenal Glands and get a customised program to lower the Adrenal Exhaustion over time. Using exercise , diet and lifestyle selection and vitamins you will get your life back over time.
Free Consultation Contact Scott now for more information