Motivation! Happy 2018!
Trying and keep motivated with your exercise can be hard if you are training alone. Research shows that 98% of people will fail and not reach their goals when they try to exercise on their own.
I feel this happens for a number of reasons such as, not enough self-belief, self-sabotage and not being in bedded in your dream!
So, 98% of people will fail in their new years’ resolutions, particularly if they don’t have written goals.
Many people will also have negative people around them who will influence them to not achieve their goals, often without you even realising it.
So it’s really important that you surround yourself with the right people in order to achieve your goals, making sure that your new years’ resolution is achievable and realistic too.
If you say you want to lose 20 kilos in 1 month, but don’t know how to achieve it, or you are too busy at work, then you are obviously setting yourself up to fail.
If you work with Active Bryant Systems, I have the know-how and experience to help you achieve your goal of losing 20 kilos in around 2-3 months! That is providing you stick to the nutrition, exercise and lifestyle program.
Many people have self-sabotaging patterns and when they start to achieve their goals or seeing the results they want they will start to sabotage it or they will let their ego mind control them.
I use a DREAM technique that helps a client to align their goals with their dream. I also think that a number of people that do fail will be due to their ego mind controlling them too. Once we learn to come out of the ego and talk to your soul! I teach my clients to talk to and go with their soul, rather than going against it!
I also use ‘core values’ as a motivational technique too. Once you know what your core values are. Knowing your core values may involve some coaching and some people discover their values quicker than others, which will really help with motivation too.
If you have a coach or personal trainer and you live in London, I offer a number of packages that are designed to keep you on track, such as 50-day transformation and success, where Scott is always there to support you over a 6-month period if you book in twice a week.
With over 18 years experience as a trainer and coach, here are some of my top tips to help keep you motivated in 2018!
- What’s your dream, or goal? Make sure it is realistic and achievable. Write down 5-10 dreams or goals that can be achieved in 3 months. Write these goals down every day over a 30-day period to reprogram your subconscious mind, which will start attracting your goal into your life more. The more often you write your goals the more motivated you will be! So make sure you write it down every day!
- Only read, watch or listen to things that support your goals and dreams!
- Visualisation! If you visualise achieving your goal every day, then this is believed by the subconscious mind too. This can help your motivation too and will help you to remain excited about reaching your goals.
- Try to spend 15 minutes a day just sitting still and think about the goal becoming a reality. This will surely keep you motivated too!
- The most effective way of staying motivated though is to book my ‘101- day’ package, where you will receive training twice a week for 9 months, to keep you motivated so you will definitely achieve your goals!
Remember, that motivation comes in waves! One minute you will feel super motivated then all the sudden it may stop and even feel like your going backwards. Keep pushing!
Thanks for reading.
Best wishes for 2018! Scott